Warts localized in the genital area are benign tumors, but with a high risk of transformation into melanoma. According to their shape, they are divided into flat, pointed and filiform. Neoplasms are characterized by rapid growth.
In a short period, large areas of skin can be affected. Bumps cause discomfort and can bleed, due to which they require urgent treatment.
Warts in intimate places: the reasons for their appearance
The main reason that warts appear in intimate places is HPV infection. Most often, this occurs during unprotected sexual contact with the carrier of the virus. In order for a genital wart to appear in the genital area, it is not enough just to infect the organism.
Only with a number of associated factors does the virus begin to manifest itself in the form of characteristic growths:
- Concomitant diseases of an intimate nature;
- Indistinctiveness in the choice of sexual partners;
- The onset of sexual activity at a early age;
- Inhibition of the immune system;
- Lack of vitamins;
- Exposure to stress;
- Use of other personal hygiene items;
- Negligence when visiting public places with high humidity (baths, swimming pools.
It is also worth noting that if women had genital warts discovered during pregnancy, there is a good chance that the baby will be infected. In this case, the infection occurs in the process of passing through the birth canal.
Localization of warts in intimate places
Naturally, growths appear primarily in those places where the virus was able to penetrate the body. The localization of tumors directly depends on the characteristic features of the patient’s sexual life. Most often affected are wet areas, constantly in contact with natural secretions.
In most cases, warts on intimate places in women are located in the following areas:
- Small and large labia;
- Entrance and walls of the vagina;
- Inguinal folds;
- Cervical mucosa;
- Anal opening;
- channel urination.
When taking oral sex, growths can appear in the oral cavity, on the tongue and even on the surface of the larynx.
In men, genital wart or a whole cluster of them may appear in the following areas:
- The head of the penis;
- Coronoid sulcus;
- The area around the anus;
See also: Chicken ass on the finger. Causes of education and treatment
Symptoms of warts in intimate places in women and men
Not always patients can independently find out that they have a wart in an intimate place. Symptoms are not pronounced in all cases. Among the main ones, the following are distinguished:
- Weak sensation of itching and irritation, which soon becomes more tangible;
- The manifestation of symptoms characteristic of respiratory viral infections is not excluded;
- Painful sensations during intercourse;
- Pain when urinating;
- The appearance of discharge with a sharp, unpleasant odor;
- Blood discharge if the wart is damaged in the intimate area.
In men, growths are extremely rare in the area of the inguinal folds. With the defeat of the penis neoplasms appear in the form of nodules covered with furrows. Most often, they are pink, light brown or beige. With the defeat of the anus, growths look like scallops. It is these tumors that are most susceptible to damage.
Women often do not have pronounced signs of damage, but nonetheless detectable growths are still possible. True, most often this will require the help of the attending physician. Only a third of all the representatives of the weaker sex with the defeat of the genitals can feel weak pain.
As soon as there are warts in the genital area, it is necessary to seek medical help. With timely initiated therapy, it will be possible to avoid all possible complications. Diagnostic methods
In order to identify intimate warts, a specialist must conduct a thorough examination of the patient. For the same, to make an accurate diagnosis, a number of additional studies are assigned. Among the most common ones are:
- Immunological study for the presence in the body of antibodies to human papillomavirus;
- FRP. With this study, it is possible to determine the type of HPV;
- Research with the help of a special mirror Cusco (when detecting growths on the female genital organs);
- Acetic acid test;
- Biopsy and subsequent histological examination;
In order to identify diseases of the urogenital system, which can later interfere with effective treatment, additional diagnostics are carried out. Patients are assigned smears from the urethra and vagina, special blood tests.
Apparatus and drug treatment
At the initial stage of therapy, it is necessary to reorganize the urination system. The treatment is carried out on an individual basis and the identified infectious-inflammatory processes are taken as its basis. Only after such preparation can solve the main problem, since it is not possible to get rid of warts in the presence of concomitant diseases.
See also: Warts on the face and their treatment
The choice of methods for removing warts depends on not only the capabilities of the clinic, but also on additional indications, the presence of contraindications and restrictions. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. In places of the intimate zone, the following methods are used:
- Chemicals (Solkoderm, Farezol, Imiquimod). The tool is applied directly to the growth, which is subjected to necrosis. Often, treatment does not cost one procedure and after a while it is carried out again;
- Laser therapy. The laser beam is directed to the tumor, due to which there is evaporation and necrosis of tissues. As a result, a thin crust forms at this place;
- Radio wave method. Excision is made using a radio wave beam. The procedure is painless and bloodless. The risk of recurrence is minimal;
- Method of cryodestruction. The surface of the neoplasm is treated with liquid nitrogen, due to which the growth is frozen;
- Electrocoagulation. Tumor tissues are exposed to high frequency current. The method is quite painful in comparison with all the others.
After removal of the neoplasms, patients are prescribed antiviral drugs, due to which the immune system is adjusted, and accordingly relapses are prevented.
Most often, experts resort to the appointment of the following drugs:
Antiviral treatment lasts up to six months, but even after that, patients are strongly advised to undergo a routine examination.
Treatment of condylomas in intimate places at home
Warts in an intimate place can be removed with the help of traditional medicine methods. These funds have an immunostimulating, anti-inflammatory and cauterizing effect. But before starting such therapy, it is imperative to consult with a specialist.
The most common among these tools that can remove warty warts are the following:
- Juice of celandine. Freshly squeezed juice of this plant is treated with tumors twice a day. It is extremely important not to exceed the dosage, as a large amount of celandine is poisonous. If desired, this folk remedy can be replaced by a pharmacy drug called Super Cleaner, which, although there is no celandine itself. It will be no less effective, but in the case of its application, care must be taken. Only the genital wart itself is treated, and the surrounding tissues are greased with a fat cream, as a burn may appear on these areas;
- Potato juice. The tool is applied to the tumor twice a day. The treatment lasts a whole month;
- Kalanchoe leaves.They are simply ground to a consistency of gruel and applied to the affected area. Stand for 6 hours. When an unpleasant sensation occurs, the therapy is immediately stopped;
See also: Wart in or on the nose. How to get rid of it?
- Propolis tincture. Buffering smears thrice a day for two weeks.
In most cases, genital wart does not cause discomfort and pain. In some cases, in the absence of proper treatment and failure to follow basic hygiene rules, it can lead to certain complications.
Among them, physicians distinguish the following:
- With the growth of growths, in the advanced stages of the disease, a wart crust may be formed;
- The relationship between HPV oncogenic strains and the development of cancer has been scientifically proven. Often these growths are harbingers of cancer;
- With the defeat of the urinary system, growths can grow, thereby preventing the flow of urine. The infection enters the bladder, causing serious kidney problems;
- Microcracks may appear on genital warts through which secondary infection gets. This is fraught with sepsis;
- HPV symptoms can quickly spread throughout the body. When damaged, scratching papillomas healthy areas of the epithelium may also soon be affected.
All physicians are categorically opposed to patients doing self-medication. This is due not only to the high risk of recurrence, but also to the possibility of such undesirable consequences as inflammation, secondary infection and sepsis.
Among the main recommendations are the following:
- It is strictly forbidden to cut off, bandage and tear warts;
- Until complete cure, it is necessary to abandon intimate intimacy;
- It is not necessary to remove all growths. It is often enough to get rid of the maternal papule so that all the others disappear;
- An obligatory condition for effective therapy is the complex strengthening of the immune system;
- Special attention must be paid to personal hygiene.
Genital warts are a common problem, due to which modern medicine is able to cope with it in a short time. A neoplasm appears solely because of infection with HPV, and accordingly, when it is inhibited and the immune system is strengthened, the body can independently cope with this problem. If all medical recommendations are followed, the therapy gives a positive and lasting result.