Mycoderil is a popular and effective medicine used in dermatology. It helps to quickly get rid of the symptoms of onychomycosis and defeat a fungal infection once and for all. The drug received special demand due to the fact that it has practically no contraindications, and you can use it even without a doctor’s prescription, which is especially important for those who do not like to visit medical institutions.
Mycoderil is available in two dosage forms, which include one active substance – naphthyne. This is an antimycotic that has a detrimental effect on mold, yeast and yeast-like fungi, dermatophytes, gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens. Due to this spectrum of action, the medicine has gained recognition among patients and doctors.
Properties of the drug:
- helps to slow down metabolic processes in the cells of pathogenic microflora and leads to its death along with spores;
- reduces the inflammatory process, eliminates itching, burning, redness;
- prevents the accession of secondary infections to the fungus;
- easily penetrates into the deepest layers of the epidermis, into the thickness of the nail plate, fills all cracks and creates a maximum concentration of the drug substance in the shortest possible time.
Mycoderil is available in the form of a solution and cream. In advanced cases of the disease, it is recommended to use both dosage forms.
The cream is easily applied to the surface of the nail plate and the skin, is quickly absorbed without leaving greasy marks.
Due to the liquid form of the solution, the active substances more easily fall into all cracks, grooves, voids formed and under the diseased nail itself.
It is impossible to say unequivocally that one of the forms is better than the other. Each individually has an excellent therapeutic effect, and when combined, they significantly accelerate recovery.
Naftifin differs from other antimycotics in that pathogenic microflora do not develop resistance to it. This means that treatment, even the longest, will always be effective.
It is worth remembering that before starting therapy, you need to undergo a medical examination. After laboratory tests, the correct diagnosis will be made and only then the doctor will prescribe the most effective medicine.
Mycoderil is prescribed in the following cases:
- onychomycosis (with damage to the nail plate by less than 50-60%);
- foot fungus, especially between the toes;
- auricle mycosis;
- damage to the skin with yeast.
Sometimes the drug is prescribed to treat hyperkeratosis. This disease is characterized by excessive growth of the coarsened layers of the skin or nails.
Contraindications and side effects
Before using Mycoderil, you must familiarize yourself with the instructions that are included in the package with a tube of cream or a bottle of solution.
Mycoderil can not be used:
- if there is damage to the skin in the area of the alleged application of the product;
- with some dermatological diseases, which are accompanied by the appearance of ulcers, wet wounds;
- with individual hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug;
- children under 14 years of age (due to the lack of clinical trials regarding the possibility of using the medicine in the treatment of small patients).
Mycoderil from the fungus of the skin and nails is considered safe for external use, it does not have any serious side effects. In rare cases, soft tissue edema occurs in the area of application of antimycotics, redness, burning, dryness and itching of the skin. Typically, symptoms of individual intolerance to the drug disappear on their own after 2-3 days. However, with the appearance of such signs of allergy, it is necessary to stop treatment and consult a doctor to prescribe another medicine.
Instructions for use
Fighting the fungus is preferably complex. The use of oral antifungal drugs, combined with the application of local funds, will help in the shortest possible time to recover even from a running illness.
In cases of hyperkeratosis, when the nail plate or skin in the affected area is greatly thickened, it is better to choose a dosage form in the form of a solution. It penetrates the pores more easily and reaches the deep layers of tissues. It contains alcohol, so if there is slight damage to the skin, a slight burning sensation is possible. With severe discomfort or increased dryness in the treated area, it is better to abandon the liquid product and be treated with a cream.
Before applying any topical antifungal drug, it is recommended to carry out hygienic preparation of the legs or hands. To do this, steam the diseased areas. You will need a small basin with hot water in which feet are held for 20-30 minutes. After steaming with manicure scissors, the nail is cut off as short as possible. This should be done carefully so as not to damage the soft tissue. The entire loosened surface of the plate is removed with a nail file.
With fungal infections of the feet, the keratinized layer of the skin is removed with a pumice stone or a special abrasive file. After that, the legs are washed and wiped dry.
Now you can start treatment. A drop of the solution or a small amount of cream is applied to the affected area of the skin or nail, rubbing with massaging movements until completely absorbed. Be sure to capture the surrounding healthy tissue for at least 1 centimeter. This will help prevent the spread of fungal infection.
With nail damage, the solution is used twice a day until the diseased plate is completely replaced with a healthy one. Usually this process takes about 6 months. In case of damage to the skin fungus, the drug is applied 1 time per day.
The duration of treatment depends on many factors – the rate of nail growth and soft tissue renewal, the patient’s health status, stage of the disease. With foot mycoses, both plates and skin, treatment is carried out for at least 8 weeks, maximum – until all symptoms disappear completely and another 2 weeks after recovery.
Price in pharmacies and substitutes
Mycoderil is a cheap analogue of the foreign Exoderil. You can buy the drug at any pharmacy. Its cost ranges from 300 to 800 rubles, depending on the volume and the selected dosage form.
There are many Mycoderil substitutes on sale with similar action and effectiveness. The following are recognized as the best of them:
- Exoderyl. Austrian drug, which became the first drug with naphthyne. Available as a 1% solution and 1% cream. The cost varies from 700 to 1500 rubles;
- Misol. An antifungal gel gel with naphthyne and tea tree oil as an additional ingredient. It has a bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect. It is produced by the famous company Evalar. The kit includes a gel and 30 disposable nail files for treating an infected nail plate. The price does not exceed 370 rubles;
- Exostat. A solution manufactured by the Russian company Vertex, based on the same naphthyne. It is easily applied to affected areas, quickly penetrates into tissues. Leaves no sticky residue on clothing and shoes. The price reaches 700-750 rubles;
- Nitrofungin NEO. A broad spectrum antimycotic. The active substance is tridecanamine undecylenate. Effectively combats various pathogens of fungal infections of nails. Available in the form of a solution of 25 ml. Its advantage lies in the large amount of packaging that is enough for the entire course of treatment. Price – from 250 rubles;
- Clotrimazole. Available in the form of ointment and solution. After application to the skin or nail plate, the active components are practically not absorbed into the blood. They act only on the source of infection, destroying the cells of living pathogenic microorganisms. The cost of the drug is about 50 rubles;
- Batrafen. An antifungal drug based on cyclopirox is presented in three dosage forms: cream, solution and varnish. Thanks to its potent active ingredients, it kills yeast, mold and other types of fungi, and also has a detrimental effect on most gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. Easy to apply and quickly absorbed, filling all the bumps and voids of the affected nail or skin. Price: solution – 350 rubles., Cream – 400-450 rubles., Varnish – about 2000 rubles .;
- Candide. The active substance is clotrimazole, it acts on dermatophytes, molds, yeasts and other pathogenic microflora. A cream, powder, or solution is found in a pharmacy. It is used for fungal infections of the head, nails, skin of hands and feet. Price from 270 to 400 rubles, depending on the form of release.
Vadim, 35 years old.
After the examination, the doctor prescribed me a solution of Mycoderil for the treatment of fungus. My nail was very thick, porous, I thought that I would have to cut it out. But the dermatologist reassured, saying that the solution easily spreads over all the voids of the nail and kills the spores of the infection. The price was quite affordable. The treatment took me about five months. He did not stop applying the solution until a new nail grew.
Ivanna, 24 years old.
Recently I had to consult a dermatologist about yellowing of the toenail. It turned out to be a fungus. Prescribed several antifungal drugs to choose from. Mycoderil (solution) was advised in a pharmacy. They said that it penetrates tissues more easily and heals faster. Fortunately, I started therapy on time, so the infection did not spread to neighboring nails. The solution helped get rid of the disease in a couple of months.